gravatar

Adela Juran needs a new wheelchair



Hi! My name is Adela, I'm 25 and I live in a strange country called Poland. As you can see I'm disabled due to the spinal cord injury casued by a stupid accident a few years ago.

I joined Second Life by curiosity after having red the article about Simon Walsh and his Wheelies Club ô€€€ on the net and I decided to keep my wheelchair with me also here. Right now, I'm collecting money in order to get a new active chair.

People I meet here always ask me why I decided to stay disabled in SL, a world without bareers and limitations. Well... My chair is a part of me. Besides, I treat my presence here as a private crusade for the disability rights :)


While working on De Lodi island I noticed a wheelie entering the sim. I caught her name with the corner of my eye. The name was Adela, just like my friend from the childhood. I decided to approach her and have a chat. Adela did not mind. Very soon her admirers followed her to De Lodi. We started joking about it. While reading Adela's personal info I saw a line saying that she wishes to cellect money for a new Real Life wheelchair in SL. I asked if she had a donation jar. The answer was no. So I made one quickly and Adela put it in the welcome area of De Lodi. At first I thought it might be insufficient to raise the funds for the chair, but than I said to myself "Why not?" Why not tell more people about it? So I do hereby!

You can find Adela's donation jar at : DE LODI.

Every Linden Dollar counts! Lets do it - avatars!